Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#70652 - 13/02/2002 00:36 Dream web interface
Gary
stranger

While we're waiting for the XML setup, what would you like to see in the ideal web interface?

Attached is not the ideal interface. But it's a sketch that shows how to wrap Hijack's playlist interface with some transport controls. So you can pause and skip through playing playlists.

Ultimately, we need a different interface for the web than the menus and buttons of the empeg and remote. For example, searching is tedious with the remote; the web interface should have a text field to type search terms into and a 'Go' button.

What else? How about Visuals selection via thumbnails? Single button presses for most commands? How should such an interface be organized?

Attachments
68706-HijackWeb.zip (104 downloads)

#70653 - 13/02/2002 04:30 Re: Dream web interface [Re: Gary]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
Well I think the empeg's display itself is a must.
Selecting things from heirachial menus might be called for too.
Your search function is a must.
Putting the playlists in a separate frame and 'cuter' styling would be neat.

I would prefer to see the functions redesigned rather than a replication of the empeg interface. How many windows media controllers are there that look like a TV remote. ick.
I'll play with some ideas tonight.