Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#74434 - 24/02/2002 09:43 Enhancement req for Hijack ?SERIAL...xml request
crocklobster

The use of a custom stylesheet http://your.empeg/drive0/fids/101?STYLE=/path/newStyle.xsl.xml sends back the xml with the reference to the custom stylesheet. That stylesheet, in turn, must make all the links that reload the xml (?SERIAL, .xml) also reference the custom stylesheet. This is so, once the custom ss is loaded, you stay with it, even though you're navigating with it.

To do this, we need a way to reference the custom stylesheet in the ?SERIAL= request. Otherwise, it will always send back the default stylesheet and this will be the only link on the page that doesn't work.

I pm'd Mark and he asked if there was another way to do it, like using an .html file that references the stylesheet and xml. I don't think this is possible, as a ?SERIAL=#100.html request is always going to send back the Hijack generated html. The thing here is, navigation while you're already working with the custom stylesheet.

The way I look at it, the ?SERIAL request has to be enhanced to take those custom stylesheets. Usually in a request string, if you have to pass more than one variable to the host, you use &'s like ?SERIAL=#100&STYLE=/path/ss.xsl.xml

Chris

#74435 - 24/02/2002 10:17 Re: Enhancement req for Hijack ?SERIAL...xml request [Re: crocklobster]
crocklobster

Just realized this is also needed on ?button as well.

Chris

#74436 - 24/02/2002 12:39 Re: Enhancement req for Hijack ?SERIAL...xml request [Re: crocklobster]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Yep. All of this should be okay now in v212.