Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#248299 - 01/02/2005 15:46 Palantir and Bluetooth?
kendrick

I was wondering if theer was anyway you could use this http://www.aircable.net/AIRcable/PalmSerial.html

To somehow use Palantir over bluetooth to your empeg. I think this device connects to an serial port and allows you to send serial commands through bluetooth to the device.

#248300 - 02/02/2005 19:44 Re: Palantir and Bluetooth? [Re: kendrick]
cushman
veteran

Loc: Erie, CO
Possible, sure. I may investigate this in the future. My first change to Palantir is to enable DIA support (dynamic input area on the T3 and T5).

#248301 - 05/04/2005 05:08 Re: Palantir and Bluetooth? [Re: kendrick]
TheAmigo
enthusiast

That's a neat little device. I'll have to think about what might be possible with it...

I'll be using the empeg's serial port for OBD-II (I don't have high expectations, but I do have high curiosity ). The PC I'm putting in the trunk has two serial ports, one of which will be used by the GPS (I picked up a Garmin GPS18PC), but there's still one left. Getting serial data from the carputer to the empeg shouldn't be any problem (netcat perhaps), but thinking up stuff to do with it would be the challenge.

So far, I only have two BT devices: laptop and cell phone. What I'd really like is to have the cell phone send out caller ID via BT when it rings. Then I'd like to have something receive that signal, pause the music, use TTSD to tell me who's calling and run some VR util to hear me say "answer" or "ignore".

I think most of that's already in place... some BT headsets have callerID on them. So if there are linux tools to make a PC act like a BT headset, we're pretty close to done. The serial port's probably too slow for streaming audio data (AFAIK, the audio stream between a phone and headset is uncompressed), but that just means I need a decent comptuer to replace the P2@233... Mac Mini?