Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#4810 - 10/03/2000 02:32 Developer meeting?
drakino
carpal tunnel

I'd like to start the idea of having a weekly or other scheduled type of meeting with the programmers working on 3rd party things right now. It would be nice to chat with Kim Salo, Rob Leslie, Jazzwire, etc... on misc. things about the empeg in it's current state. Plus, it would be a good fourm for talking about how we can ensure all our projects get along on the empeg at the same time.

I'd like to set the first one to be on the Dalnet IRC room of #Empeg. As far as dates and times, this will be a bit hard to schedule with all of us scattered.
My work schedule right now has me free from 3:00 to 10:00 UTC on Wed-Sun. Other days, I could be online from 19:00 to 10:00 UTC. How does everyone elses schedule look?

My empeg site is:http://24.236.3.131/empeg/

#4811 - 10/03/2000 07:56 Re: Developer meeting? [Re: drakino]
kim

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
I'd like to set the first one to be on the Dalnet IRC room of #Empeg. As far as dates and times, this will be a bit hard to schedule with all of us scattered.
My work schedule right now has me free from 3:00 to 10:00 UTC on Wed-Sun. Other days, I could be online from 19:00 to 10:00 UTC. How does everyone elses schedule look?

I'm usually home at 18:00 - 00:00 UTC/GMT, well, also after that but usually sleeping.

Kim

#4812 - 13/03/2000 00:43 Re: Developer meeting? [Re: drakino]
Verement
journeyman

Loc: Boston, MA, US
IRC is okay, although I don't generally use it much. I'll try to monitor the channel a bit nonetheless.

What I would like to see is an empeg developers' mailing list. This is not to suggest IRC or this BBS are not useful, but a mailing list makes a nice compromise between communicating in real-time and polling for updates.

There is already a ONElist mailing list for the empeg, but it would be nice to have another list specifically for developers to discuss their projects at some level of technical detail.

OK, no sooner than I thought this was a good idea did I create it already. To subscribe, send the words "subscribe empeg-dev" in the body of an email message to [email protected].

-v