Uh, hey guys. This is probably for the 'higher-ups' in programming..

I'm tgrying to do a stat() on /proc/empeg_notify. Trying to get the 'st_atime', 'st_mtime', and 'st_ctime' of the file. The number I'm getting back is a unix-timestamp (I'm assuming).. Now, I am havin' three small questions..

1. When I make my small program, I get the error: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast on the line: if ((finfo = malloc(sizeof(struct stat))) == NULL). Where 'finfo' is a 'struct stat *finfo'. Now, that line compiles perfectly when I'm NOT using the empeg toolkit (normal RedHat). Is this warning anything to be concerned about? Did I get something wrong somewhere?

2. When the program runs, I get a timestamp of '1056390254', which seems to equivate to "Jun 23rd 2003, 17:44:14 GMT". The date on my 'file' is Jun 24 02:22. I'd SAY that the timestamp matches the date on the file, IF the minutes and seconds matched. But they don't.

3. The timestamps aren't getting updated when the data IN the 'file' is changed, or I write something to the 'file'. I'm guessing that either: 1. This is because of #1 above, and the timestamp in #2 is fake, or 2. /proc 'files' can't have any data on them pulled thru the 'stat()' function.

Comments? Answers? Any info'd be appreciated. Never delt with having to deal with the proc filesys before..

Me.