A little story and a little question to it, to all the Riocar-Software-Hackers out there:

Last evening I upgraded my WinAMP installation on my home pc, connected the sound card to the home entertainment system and did listen to streaming mp3-radio that is out there (so called ShoutCAST streams that are supported by WinAMP).

So I tought that it is a pretty overkill to have the PC running all the time for that stuff, and I looked at my Rio that was also hooked onto the stereo. So heres my idea now:

- The RioCar / Empeg has the built-in Ethernet Port with TCPIP stack...
- You can connect that box to the internet (with the right hardware, ie router and IP-Address and stuff)
- What if you could start an application that shows you a list of ShoutCast servers to connect to (list manually maintained)
- What if this software would hook up to the MP3 stream on the internet and actually PLAYS the stream to your stereo

Wouldn't that be a nifty piece of Ware?? You could listen to your favorite Shoutcast streams from home without requiring to boot that ol' PC and a lot of crosswiring of the room where you only trip over it once you're drunk.... :-)

So, I'll open the poll for that. Unfortunately I am not able to ride the app.development on the Linux platform, only on a Win-Box. But I think there are a lot of co-freaks out there that would maybe like to look into it.