Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#191064 - 29/11/2003 11:40 bfilner lenses
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
I just received my bfilner lenses in the mail yesterday. I love them! I ordered a custom smoked lens with the SUBARU logo up top and the WRX logo under it. First and foremost, I want to say how GREAT bfilner has been to work with. I can't over state this. Throughout the whole process, he has been in email contact with me to verify every little detail. I was contacted if there was a little delay or if he had a question about how I wanted the logo.

Okay, enough about that. I'll let you guys email him and gather your own opinion on how easy he is to work with. You want to know about the lenses right? Okay.

The lenses are clear with the raised beveled part in smoke. Then, the logo(s) are laser etched into the smoked material. I took a few photos, but it was hard for the logo to appear. I'll get better photos in the next day or so. TInt is very close to the Darkstorm shade (as I requested) but he has a few other shades for people interested in something darker or lighter.

I was luck enough to get 2 lenses with my order(!) but I think he wasn't happy with one of the first trials so he just tossed it in. I can't promise that you'll get 2 lenses, but one is enough anyway! I don't have the LED mod, so my beveled edge does NOT glow and the logo only appears when the screen is pretty much lit, but it looks great. A bunch of people last night asked if SUBARU made this radio! I think the empeg logo sans the duck (penguin) would be another good choise. It just looks really professional and is a good touch.

My only complaint is that the fit is a bit tight around the screw holes. One lens was a pain to get in and the other took some playing with for the buttons to work. But all in all, it wasn't that big of a deal.

#191065 - 29/11/2003 11:47 Re: bfilner lenses [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Both lenses.... The one I installed is up top with the "solid" logo (instead of the outline). Hard to photograph...

#191066 - 29/11/2003 11:48 Re: bfilner lenses [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Closer.

#191067 - 29/11/2003 11:49 Re: bfilner lenses [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

The "Outlined" logo installed.

#191068 - 29/11/2003 11:52 Re: bfilner lenses [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

The Solid logo... I think he wasn't happy with this one because the U didn't etch fully. But it's the one I went with because the solid logo is easier to see. More pics coming soon.

#191069 - 29/11/2003 11:52 Re: bfilner lenses [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

You never realize how dusty things get until you use a flash! hehe

#191070 - 29/11/2003 20:45 Re: bfilner lenses [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Very cool. I agree, the "empeg" logo would be sweet. I still have 2 DarkStorm smoke lenses stowed away in case mine gets scratched or broken, but I may have to get a couple of these just for the coolness factor.