Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#98496 - 09/06/2002 23:08 E46 BMW install using factory radio -- Help!
TigerJimmy
old hand

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine is getting ready to install her empeg in her newer BMW 323. She doesn't have an empeg tuner, so she would like to use the factory system as an input into the empeg on AUX so she can listen to the radio.

Here is what I understand:

BMW uses 8V "line level" in their systems.

I checked the E46 thread and understand that a wiring harness adaptor is available to connect the empeg, but this would involve unplugging the factory unit.

Since the BMW amplifier requires 8V line inputs, how do we make the empeg work with it?

How is it possible to have both units working, using the BMW factory radio as AUX and the empeg connected to the amplifier????

Thanks in advance,

Jim

#98497 - 10/06/2002 02:53 Re: E46 BMW install using factory radio -- Help! [Re: TigerJimmy]
justinlarsen
old hand

Loc: Petaluma, CA
its pretty technical ive looked into it slightly as i have an e46 on order, im assuming its the HK system so u will need to buy some adaptors, i would look around some more and ask some of the e46 forums.. also please post some pics once u get it in i would love to see them, we have yet to get some e46 install pics yet..

#98498 - 30/06/2002 03:22 Re: E46 BMW install using factory radio -- Help! [Re: justinlarsen]
justinlarsen
old hand

Loc: Petaluma, CA
did you ever happen to get that installed?