Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#100888 - 23/06/2002 02:18 PC Docking Bay and another Honda Insight install
mrmunsell
journeyman

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Well, I finally got my home docking bay project completed. I was originally going to make a component box, but the project changed in the planning phases and the sled wound up in my PC instead...... you can check it out at:

http://www.mrmunsell.com/EMPEG/PC_Docking_Bay/pc_docking_bay.html

I also got a second car a few months ago, a 2000 Honda Insight. I just finished the install and put some pics up on my site as well (you can get to them at the above URL by following the navigation links on the left hand side of the page). Like the Insight install I saw on this forum in the past, I went with the Wayland audio system (Eclipse amp w/mounting plate, Eclipse coaxes, JL sub w/premade box).

#100889 - 23/06/2002 13:37 Re: PC Docking Bay and another Honda Insight install [Re: mrmunsell]
Satan_X
enthusiast

Loc: Ramsey, NJ
Nice project....good idea.....

#100890 - 28/06/2002 00:43 Re: PC Docking Bay and another Honda Insight install [Re: mrmunsell]
Legoverse
journeyman

Loc: Mesa, AZ
Way cool. Your whole site is a very intersting read. Question; On the Insight sub, I went to jlaudio.com and they don't seem to show any such sub. All they had was stealthbox subs, not shoebox. Is it so new as to not be available yet?

#100891 - 28/06/2002 03:49 Re: PC Docking Bay and another Honda Insight install [Re: Legoverse]
mrmunsell
journeyman

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Thanks.... And you don't see this particular subwoofer there yet because John Wayland hasn't sold the rights to JL Audio yet .

Seriously though, I bought the complete Insight audio system (minus EMPEG) from a guy named John Wayland. He is a fellow Insight owner and car audio enthusiast who designed the box and then decided to make it available in quanitites to the public along with the amp, speakers, amp mounting plate, and the wiring kits required to install everything (which I appreciate very much....).

Wayland Insight Audio Upgrade

I was trying to put together a simple system for the Insight that involved no car modifcations at all but still offered pretty decent sound quality.... and when I came across this, it fit the bill perfectly. And as it turns out, the system exceeded my expectations by a large margin.

It's probably the most straight forward audio system install I have done in a long time.... he includes everything required, down to precut heatshrink and wire tires.

My CRX system does sound better (mostly in bass response and imaging), but the improvement is not in proportion to the additional cost and time (lots of my time!) that was required to acheive the end result.

Mike

#100892 - 28/06/2002 17:43 Re: PC Docking Bay and another Honda Insight install [Re: mrmunsell]
Legoverse
journeyman

Loc: Mesa, AZ
Thanks.... And you don't see this particular subwoofer there yet because John Wayland hasn't sold the rights to JL Audio yet.

I'm impressed. That box looked like a retail product. And thanks for that link. Another interesting read.