Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#21516 - 31/10/2000 11:01 BMW X-5 Installation
dewdman42

I am thinking about getting a BMW X-5. Has anyone successfully installed an Empeg into the dash of a BMW X-5 and if so, how? I've heard rumors about BMW problems in general, and seen some posts of people that somehow got custom DIN sized faceplates...though nobody said WHERE they got them. But the BMW dealer also mumbled something to me about the wiring not being compatible with aftermarket stereos??? Huh?

Anyone have experience with the X-5 or even BMW's in general, please help me decide on this vehicle.

#21517 - 02/03/2001 19:45 Re: BMW X-5 Installation [Re: dewdman42]
dewdman42

Well, I got the X-5 and I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out what the best way to mount my Empeg would be. Anybody have any suggestions? The main problem is that the X-5 has a cool slanted dash. The factory stereo sits in there just so...but there is no good place to mount anything else....such as an aftermarket stereo...

Ideally I would use the factory stereo as the head unit...and mount the Empeg somewhere else....hopefully where its visible. But that is starting to look like a problem...

any suggestions?

-steve