My dad's just received his new company car. It's a Renault Laguna.

The first thing that interested me was the fact that it had two DIN slots. So it's Empeg-compatible, YAY! This is a good thing because I will also drive a lot with this car, as I said before it's a company car so it runs for free which is all the motivation I need to use it! )

Unfortunately, it comes with a stock headunit that isn't easily removable because it sends its display to a small screen on the dash and it's controlled via a small "sony stick" like device on the right hand side of the steering wheel.

But no worries, it can control a trunk mounted CD-changer (which is not installed at the moment, nor will it ever be).
So I figure : If it can control a cd-changer then it has an aux-in !

So now comes the hard part : I'll obviously need some sort of adapter which will make this headunit believe that there's actually a CD-changer connected to it so I can access it's aux-port.

Where can I find such an adapter? Does anybody recognise this headunit? There's no brand on it anywhere, but I have a strong suspicion it's a Phillips headunit.

This is the dashbord with the lid closed. I really like this option because it completely conseals the headunit from prying eyes.

This is with the lid open. As you can see there's enough room to accomodate an Empeg.

This is a close-up of the headunit. Does anybody recognise it? It's a piece of crap obviously, but I'll be very happy if I can connect my Empeg to it. I've got a spare sled to do this, I just need the forementioned adapter.

Thanks!

ps. Sorry for the bad picture quality. The photo's were taken with my Nokia 7650 phone and this is as good as it gets. I really must buy me a decent digital camera one of these days!

Attachments
154675-R4.jpg (1667 downloads)