Well, I sold my truck - but I kept the empeg, sub, amp, and speakers! My Install Now I'm buying a 2002 BMW X5 with the Navigation system, and there's nooo room up front for the empeg - much as I want to put it there, I can't - so I was thinking:

Can I remove the IR sensor, install the empeg in the back by the factory 6-pack CD player, put the IR on a 15-25 wire, running it all the way up to the front of the car where I can still at least control it? What about the display, would it be possible to run it on an cable extension so that I can mount it up front somewhere? I've searched the forums, and didn't find anything - perhaps my searching wasn't so good - any info greatly appreciated!

OK - found the FAQ re: moving the display - but then I found a forum regarding a working solution, but no activity on there for some time...

Next thought - there is a TVonNAV solution available for the BMW, with an RCA video-in that would be visible on the display.. Q is how to output the Rio 'video' to the video in - short of using a computer and a VNC solution? I would need a pretty small computer to be able to stash it in the back factory 'pockets'.

Still haven't found anything re: moving the IR sensor..

Edited by sphengali (22/10/2004 03:18)
60 Gig MkIIa #040103892 My Rio Install