Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#52652 - 29/12/2001 14:25 New support for total album tracks.
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
I notice that as of b7, adding tracks that contain an album track total tag, tracks will show "n/N" in their track number list item field.

This is great because it means we might be able to display that new data on the player (part of a wish post of mine).

Now the dilema. None of the tracks added to the player before b7 show this data. How can I get the tracks on the player to be rescanned and have this database entry populated? (Obviously without re-uploading or replacing all the tracks on the player :)

Bruno

#52653 - 31/12/2001 02:51 Re: New support for total album tracks. [Re: hybrid8]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
I have no idea. I didn't even know we had a total track number field.

You've got my attention now, Bruno .

#52654 - 31/12/2001 09:55 Re: New support for total album tracks. [Re: Roger]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
How many other people are working on emplode? Gremlins sneaking in at night modifying your source? :)

Anyway, I think the total track count tag is pretty useful when using "albums" so since it now seems to be supported in some fashion, I'd really like o be able to bring the data to life for all my tracks (without re-uploading them :)

And then comes the wish that I posted before about being able to see a track# display instead of the "Plays" text (which again, is mostly useful when playing back whole albums).

Bruno

#52655 - 31/12/2001 10:28 Re: New support for total album tracks. [Re: hybrid8]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
How many other people are working on emplode?

In general, nobody else works on emplode. Peter and Richard have been known to hack on it. Before that, Andrew and Haydn were my co-conspirators, but the last round of redundancies did for them.

Gremlins sneaking in at night modifying your source? :)

I've been out of the office for most of the last month, so it's entirely possible that people have been sneaking features in there. I'll check when we're all back at work properly on Wednesday.

I'd really like to be able to (add total track# to) all my tracks (without re-uploading them :)

That'll probably be as simple as another edit box on the properties dialog. I'll look into it.