Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#79399 - 10/03/2002 23:26 Search
rearviewmirror
journeyman

Loc: Bangalore, India
I love the fuzzy search feature. It's really cool. But, rather than searching from the beginning of the string, I'd like it to search from anywhere in the string.

To illustrate, if I had three songs in my Empeg, "Livin' on a prayer", "Alive (Live at Saratoga)" and "Alive (Live at Jones Beach)", and in the Search by Title screen, I typed in "LIV", I would get only one hit ("Livin' on a prayer"). And a search for "LIVE" would produce no results. So the way I have named my songs, there is no easy way of dynamically creating a playlist of all "Live" songs. The easy way out is of course to re-tag all my songs to move "(Live)", "(Remix)" etc to the beginning of the title.

Why does the search feature search from the beginning of the string? It should be fairly easy to implement otherwise, right? Or am I missing something (UI considerations etc.)?

Thanks,
~Yogi

#79400 - 10/03/2002 23:32 Re: Search [Re: rearviewmirror]
charcoalgray99
enthusiast

Why does the search feature search from the beginning of the string?

I think it would return too many results if it didn't do this. I'm not sure if this is the reason though.

Tom

#79401 - 11/03/2002 17:31 Re: Search [Re: rearviewmirror]
dclesse

Loc: Belgium/Luxembourg
Yes, like a AND web search, it would be really nice... (but maybe slower)

#79402 - 23/03/2002 05:45 Re: Search [Re: rearviewmirror]
Alexander

Loc: SF Bay Area
Me too, me too!

The vast majority of my collection is a mess, and many don't have ID3 tags. I'd like to have the time to fix this, but until then, substring searches would be very helpful.