Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#95579 - 23/05/2002 14:10 Associated EQ Presets
nickdiaz
new poster

Loc: Silicon Valley, CA
I did some searches but couldn't find whether this had ever been discussed before.

I was using an oscilliscope to do some various EQ tuning in my car this past weekend, and as I programmed some presets was thinking "Wouldn't it be cool to be able to associate certain playlists or even certain songs to EQ presets?"

I like my EQ set pretty differently depending on whether I'm jamming alone, or talking with a passenger with music in the background. I like it set one way for hard rock and another for classical. It would be nice for the EQ to automatically switch.

#95580 - 23/05/2002 14:36 Re: Associated EQ Presets [Re: nickdiaz]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yes, this has been discussed.

No, the feature does not yet exist, although selecting a given preset is very easy with the 2.0 software (it's two keystrokes on the Rio remote control: Hold "Equalizer" then press the preset number).

I thought about it and maintaining multiple EQ presets for given groups of songs is a lot of work when you re-EQ your car. Very unwieldy. What we really need is something where you can say "Bass +2db" or "Treble -3db" for a given song.

Applying this to a playlist is a bad idea but group-selecting songs within a playlist (or within the search results screen in emplode or Jemplode) and applying the setting globally to all songs within that playlist would work well.

Stay tuned, Genixia and I are talking already.