Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#21013 - 23/10/2000 23:02 Random Playlist feature
dewdman42

I love the current feature where I can check the random checkbox for any playlist...and it will always randomly play its top level contents. I have one random playlist called "Favorite Albums". It randomly selects an album (from a list of album playlists), then when it plays each random album...the album plays start to finish since the random check box for each album playlist is NOT checked. VERY COOL.

One feature request though. I think it would be supremely cool if the Empeg kept a score of how many times a particular selection got played by random selection for a given playlist, so that the next time I start up my Empeg, its least likely to be played again until many of the others have played. I often find that I go to my Favorite Albums playlist....and there a few that seem to always get picked. Hmm..

Another feature request... Once I'm in the middle of playing a playlist..I'd really like to be able to pop up the playlist menu at the point where I am in the current playlist. That way, if I don't like the current album (for example) I can easily get to the next one without having to NEXT my way through all the songs on the current album....among other things..

-steve

#21014 - 23/10/2000 23:41 Re: Random Playlist feature [Re: dewdman42]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Once I'm in the middle of playing a playlist..I'd really like to be able to pop up the playlist menu at the point where I am in the current playlist.

Wow, this one is starting to get requested about twice a week now...

#21015 - 24/10/2000 00:59 Re: Random Playlist feature [Re: tfabris]
borislav
addict

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Once I'm in the middle of playing a playlist..I'd really like to be able to pop up the playlist menu at the point where I am in the current playlist.

We can request it even more often, if you think it'd help.

Borislav

#21016 - 24/10/2000 10:48 Re: Random Playlist feature [Re: dewdman42]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
One feature request though. I think it would be supremely cool if the Empeg kept a score of how many times a particular selection got played by random selection for a given playlist, so that the next time I start up my Empeg, its least likely to be played again

This functionality was coded some time ago and will be included with version 1.1.

Rob

#21017 - 24/10/2000 14:35 Re: Random Playlist feature [Re: tfabris]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico

OK, I'll make it three times now for this week! See here.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"