Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#69284 - 10/02/2002 01:58 Animated scrolling in menus - die die die
ninti
old hand

Loc: Los Angeles
Is my subject line descriptive enough for you Fogduck?

I think Mlord was mentioning this in Programming and it kinda bugs me too so I thought I would bring it up again. I would really appreciate it if we could make the animated scrolling inside of menus (especially the playlist) optional. It really slows things down tremendously, and is actually kind of disorienting I think.

Thanks,

#69285 - 10/02/2002 02:18 Re: Animated scrolling in menus - die die die [Re: ninti]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I do not mind the animated menu scrolling as I think you can actually "run ahead of it" without penalty.

However, something that others have noted is that recent versions of the software have implemented a slight delay before your buttonpress "takes". For instance, you press and release the button, but the menu doesn't actually register the buttonpress and begin moving until about 200ms later.

I'm pretty sure this is due to their need to determine whether or not the button was pressed, or pressed-and-held.

However, when scrolling left and right in a menu, press-hold has no meaning, so I don't think the delay needs to be present for L/R once your inside the menu. I submitted this as a bug on the internal bug list, and I think it even got marked as "fixed", but this behavior still seems to be present in Beta11.

#69286 - 10/02/2002 16:32 Re: Animated scrolling in menus - die die die [Re: tfabris]
ninti
old hand

Loc: Los Angeles
> I do not mind the animated menu scrolling as I think you can actually "run ahead of it" without penalty.

True enough. But you can't see what you are doing while it is scrolling. I spend a lot of my time going back and forth trying to zero on the correct sub-folder. It would just be cool if it just appeared.