Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#100881 - 22/06/2002 16:14 Visualizations tied to specific genres or playlist
revlmwest
addict

Loc: Hartsville, South Carolina for...
Has anyone thought of linking visualizations to specific songs. For example dancing stick figures work great for Macho Man, but not very well for Blue Eyes. It would be cool if you could tie your favorite visualizations to different songs so that they would change by themselves. If someone has already figured out a way to do this I apologize in advance.

#100882 - 22/06/2002 16:23 Re: Visualizations tied to specific genres or playlist [Re: revlmwest]
justinlarsen
old hand

Loc: Petaluma, CA
Nope not figured out, it woudl most likly have to be something in the kernal, ive thought of it before, there are way too many ideas for this player, i love it

#100883 - 23/06/2002 10:48 Re: Visualizations tied to specific genres or playlist [Re: justinlarsen]
revlmwest
addict

So is anyone else interested in this?

#100884 - 07/07/2002 09:46 Settings tied to individual songs [Re: revlmwest]
revlmwest
addict

I'm interested in seeing eq settings and visualizations that can be tied to individual mp3's. This would be especially helpful when using mp3's of speech only. There are always a few posts when I mention this but nothing ever seems to happen. Am I dreaming on this one?

#100885 - 07/07/2002 09:50 Re: Settings tied to individual songs [Re: revlmwest]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

At the moment, yes. There is a random visual function, but in order to tie specific visuals or EQs to a particular track requires the information to be stored in the database / fid data file for each track. It would add quite a bit of overhead, but is theoretically do-able. But it would require a feature change in the player binary...

I would also like to see a chaining or "play this track next" feature to link together adjacent songs on a flowing album (i.e., Pink Floyd - Brain Damage -> Eclipse) without having to manually edit the two MP3 files into a single file.

#100886 - 08/07/2002 14:33 Re: Settings tied to individual songs [Re: pgrzelak]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
It would add quite a bit of overhead, but is theoretically do-able.

Why would it add quite a bit of overhead?

Two bytes to store the EQ preset number, and another two bytes to store the visualization number. Set it up so that it is an optional data field -- if no data entry, then just use the defaults.

Of course, speaking from my position of invincible ignorance when it comes to programming, these things probably seem simpler to me than they really are.

tanstaafl.

#100887 - 08/07/2002 17:00 Re: Settings tied to individual songs [Re: tanstaafl.]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

Well, more information to look up, a check for the variables before the file is played back, default logic if the variable is not there or corrupt, a way to set it and clear it through emplode, expanding the function of the databases...

None of these individually is a large item, but it requires changes in a lot of areas and the checks and tests may add up. Granted, I do not think it would be a noticable delay or something a person would see in daily use, but it would be a bit of time to implement.