Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#114174 - 30/08/2002 12:56 menu location for changing audio source
DWallach
carpal tunnel

Here's a a hopefully simple suggestion. In the 1.0 days, you pressed the same buttons to get to the change menu, whether you were using the radio or listening to MP3's. Something along the lines of down-right-down-down would always get your MP3s and down-right-down-right-down would always get the radio, regardless of the current state of the player.

In the 2.0 betas, it's different. Since I don't want to have to dig my remote control out just to change the mode of the player, it would be nice if, whatever they do in the next beta, to have this particular menu in the same place, regardless of what you're listening to.

#114175 - 30/08/2002 13:18 Re: menu location for changing audio source [Re: DWallach]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I still think it's silly to have to be changing modes on a device this smart anyway.

I mean, what's the real difference between selecting a radio station preset and selecting an mp3? I think that it should all be controlled not just from menus that are always in the same place, but from the same menu. Or, at the very least, have the radio menu and the playlists menu always available. If you select a radio station, it should be smart enough to change to radio mode. If you select an mp3, it should switch back.

Obviously, you'd have to have some way to manipulate the radio when your presets aren't enough (like when you've driven to another radio coverage area), but 99% of the time, you're gonna be using the same presets over and over.

#114176 - 02/09/2002 03:18 Re: menu location for changing audio source [Re: DWallach]
boxer
pooh-bah

Loc: Yorkshire UK
If I've understood you right, you can change source with one quick button press of the vol. knob in hijack.

I find that I use aux once a flood and use only 3 playlists 90% of the time, and radio the rest. I would like to toggle round those three playlists and the radio with a quick press of the vol. knob.

#114177 - 02/09/2002 03:51 Re: menu location for changing audio source [Re: boxer]
juenk
journeyman

Loc: Waardenburg, The Netherlands
Hijack indeed supports this very well. For me, an interesting additional option however would be the possibiilty to disable the 'AUX' option (e.g. in the config file). I never use AUX, and when switching source I usually have too toggle twice (Radio-->AUX-->Player) instead of Radio-->player

Jelle