Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#121863 - 18/10/2002 19:37 Unified 'User' setting.
genixia
Carpal Tunnel

I'm sure that this has been mentioned before but;

I'd really like it if I could jump in the car, and by making a single selection to change 'user', the following would happen:

Current Users running playlist, EQ, info mode, timecode.. gets stored;
New Users previously running playlist, EQ, info mode, timecode... gets recalled.

..and whenever a search or playlist selection is performed, a wendy filter tied to the current User is used.

So, I could have eg the following 'Users'
Me.
My wife.
Family.
The Friday Night Posse.

etc, all with their own unifed settings. It'd also be really cool if we could tie in favourite visuals to this

(Oh, since this is a wishlist and can we have some way to distinctly select a given user from hijack? I have visions of using an iButton to select this - wave my keyfob at my dash and everything changes...)

#121864 - 23/10/2002 17:43 Re: Unified 'User' setting. [Re: genixia]
AndrewT
old hand

Loc: Oxford, UK
I want to 'bump' this thread and at the same time put my own (somewhat insignificant) weight behind it.

Genixia originally put it across much better than I have here but I have purposefully put this in (my) layman's terms.......

To illustrate a use for User Settings, the following is a brief list of my listening useage for last weekend.

It is listed by: Situation, Audience, Album (or playlist), gain, Fader

Friday night drive home: Solo. Yello. -4db. Balance optimised for driver.
Saturday shopping trip: Family (partner, child & dogs in car). Moby. -12db. Front/rear balance moved frontward for the benefit of backseat passengers (and pets).
Sunday excursion: Me & parent: Abba. -25db. Balance optimised for driver.
Monday drive to work: Solo: Pink Floyd. -12db. Balance optimised for driver.

It would be great if I could define all these settings with Emplode (or other tools) and select the User Setting at boot.