I find it very confusing the way the current system works in terms of symbolic links (aka playlists). I load a bunch fo songs in, create various playlists, which themselves are collections of artists, albums or tunes...but then I go to delete one of my playlists, and the tunes it contained are deleted from the other playlists where they reside as well?!?!?! I'm certain this has to do with something about the way playlists and tunes are actually symbolic links in linux...and the behavior of deleting a dir symbolic link vs. a file symbolic link. Maybe? In any case, my feature request is that there is a way to have your tunes be loaded in, and then if I create ANY other playlists which reference that tune, I want to see that the other playlist is only a reference. Deleting a reference should never delete the base tune...and FOR SURE..it it is going to delete files from my EMPEG it should be requesting for my permission to do so.

It should also be a lot more clear about what the result of copying a playlist is. For example, let's say I have a playlist called "base list" that has within it a bunch of playlists (by artist), and within each of those artist playlists are each of the playlists by album, and within each of those playlists are the actual tunes. Let's assume that I stored them there by dragging a similar folder structure from the windows desktop and dropped them into this "base list" play list.

Now I create a couple other favorites play lists. For one of them, I want a higher level playlist called "all Artists". Then than copy all my other artist playlists from the "base list" by dragging and crtl-dropping them. Now...presumably I have two copies of each artist playlist (with references to all of the albums and tunes underneath). Presumably if I were to delete any of those artist playlists from within the "all artists" playlist, nothing would be effected inside my "base list". But that's not what happens. when I delete from "all artists", it dissappears from "big list" too. ICCKKK!

I think it would be a lot more straightfoward if the tunes went in...and if you create secondary references to tunes or anything....they are always that....just references. Deleting a reference tune OR playlist should NEVER EVER delete the original tune from the unit. I cannot fathom why deleting an artist from one playlist, would also remove the same artist from another playlist...Some kind of screwiness going on there....at least....if its not...and that's the intended feature...then it should be much more clear....I've accidentally erased files a few times now inadvertandly this way...but either not understanding clearly the way the playlist copy is copying playlists...or by some bug in Emplode software....

-steve
[email protected]