Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#62769 - 24/01/2002 16:20 Player Wont Stay Turned Off
KungFuCow
enthusiast

This may have been listed but i didnt see it anywhere in the FAQ or here. I have a Rio Car 30GB unit I just got a few days ago from SB. On AC power, the unit won't stay powered down when I use the "Power Off" option. It will go off and stay that way for a bit then when I look back over it's powered up and alternating between the "Souce Player" and "Source Auxillery" screens. This is running 2.0 beta 7 with the latest Hijak installed. Anyone got any ideas on this one?

#62770 - 24/01/2002 16:24 Re: Player Wont Stay Turned Off [Re: KungFuCow]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Try it without the Hijack kernel and see if the problem goes away. Maybe it's a thing with one of the hijack IR translation or coundown features.

#62771 - 24/01/2002 17:51 Re: Player Wont Stay Turned Off [Re: tfabris]
KungFuCow
enthusiast

Ill give that a try. However, here's another twist. The unit won't stay powered down in the car. When you turn the key off, the unit turns off as it should. However, if you press any buttons on the unit it wakes back up without powering up the amp so basically the player is fully functioning with the key off without any sound.

#62772 - 24/01/2002 18:19 Re: Player Wont Stay Turned Off [Re: KungFuCow]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
However, if you press any buttons on the unit it wakes back up without powering up the amp so basically the player is fully functioning with the key off without any sound.

This could be related to your other problem, or it could simply be bad wiring in the installation.

The ability for the player to wake up after the key is removed is a feature. It's detailed in the FAQ. You are supposed to be able to wake the player up from Standby mode if you want to.

If your player is wired correctly, this will also bring the Amp Remote wire high and will activate your amplifier(s). However, if your amps or your player are not properly wired (for instance, if they are connected to the ignition wire which would be a very Bad Thing), then the behavior you describe might happen.

#62773 - 24/01/2002 21:22 Re: Player Wont Stay Turned Off [Re: tfabris]
KungFuCow
enthusiast

I'm going to have the shop recheck the wiring and see if we can figure out what's going on with it. Thanks for the reply, Tony.