Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#57864 - 11/01/2002 07:09 Playing, but not making any sound...
Captain_Chaos

Loc: Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Yesterday for the first (and so far, only) time, the player didn't produce any sound after unpausing. The song was playing, as evidenced by the time display and animated visual, but there was no sound. Whenever I then paused the song, I would hear a short snippet of sound, but after unpausing again there would again be no sound whatsoever. Even turning the player off then on didn't solve the problem. I had to power cycle it (by pulling it from the sled; this was in the car) before it would resume playing normally. I don't remember which song it was, but I do know that I had played it several times before without problems.

/Pepijn

#57865 - 13/01/2002 01:53 Re: Playing, but not making any sound... [Re: Captain_Chaos]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
I have had that happen several times rebooting always fixes the problem

Matt

#57866 - 27/01/2002 05:24 Re: Playing, but not making any sound... [Re: msaeger]
Bagpuss

Loc: UK
I too, have had this happen.

It doesn't happen often, but I've found that simply cycling through the sources fixes it. In my case, I go to tuner, then aux, then back to player, and everything is fine.

Personally, I've only ever had this happen when running with the Hijack kernel, but that's not to say the problem isn't present with the standard kernel. I guess I just haven't run the standard kernel for long enough to tell.

What kernels are others running who have seen this problem? It would be nice to tell if it is a problem introduced by the Hijack kernel, or whether it is a problem in the standard release. Personally, I think it could be related to the voladj stuff in the Hijack kernel, but I can't be certain.

Andy.

#57867 - 29/01/2002 10:46 Re: Playing, but not making any sound... [Re: Bagpuss]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
This happened to me about 5 times on Sunday and once the following day. I know the amp was getting the turn on signal because I could hear the alternator whine.

I am running 2.0b7 Consumer with no other kernals.

A sync may have been what "fixed it". Also, I had just applied more wendy filters (ie changing the properties of some tracks while uploading other songs) prior to the problem surfacing - but this may not be related.