Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#71880 - 15/02/2002 12:41 static
jstrain
enthusiast

Loc: philadelphia pa
hi guys. long time no post. anyway, i'm having a problem. at first i thought it was a corrupt file, but it seems to be getting worse.

there are a few files (maybe 5 out of 2000) that exhibit this behavior. as soon as they come on, they are full of very heavy static. you can faintly hear the music playing behind it, but the static is very dominant and very loud. i don't care about the files as much, but am more worried about a problem with the disk or something like that. i am running 2.something. probably what was the latest available at christmas. like i said, when it first started, i assumed i had a corrupt file or two, but now i am thinking that some of the newer discovered problem tunes used to be ok.

anyway, any ideas would be appreciated. also, i was just thinking today about how wonderful the last year and a half have been in the car. i can't believe i've had the empeg that long. seems like just a bit ago that emepg's website was that blue and white site with the nav links down the side, and then they switched to that dark blue site. thanks rob, hugo, mike, patrick, and all the others (and tony i guess since he might as well work for empeg) for such a great product. even though i fell off the board, everytime i watch the empeg boot up, i think of just how cool it is. just hoping it continues to operate as well as it has so far for a long time.

thanks,

jeremy

#71881 - 15/02/2002 12:54 Re: static [Re: jstrain]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
It sounds like you are running 2.0 beta 3. This is a known bug in 2.0 beta 3. Upgrade to 2.0 beta 11 and all should be well.

#71882 - 16/02/2002 06:02 Re: static [Re: tfabris]
jstrain
enthusiast

Loc: philadelphia pa
ahhhhhh. tony replied first and almost immediately. all is well with the world.

anyway, thanks alot tony. i'll have to throw that on. except for this and a huge problem that turned out to be tiny in december, my empeg has performed flawlessly.

the night before my wife and i were leaving to spend christmas in tennessee and illinois (from southeastern pa), the empeg just stopped booting up. we were having christmas with my family and i was adding some new music for the upcoming loooong trip when i realized that the empeg was still synching two hours later for only about 20 songs. my dad and i pulled the the empeg apart looking for loose ide cables, etc. finally when we went home that night, my wife started packing while i frantically scoured the bbs for answers. imagine my relief when i found all i had to do was downgrade to 1.03 and upgrade again. all that to say the empeg worked wonderfully for a round trip of about 30 hours.

thanks for the quick reply. i will give that a shot this afternoon.

jeremy