Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#88344 - 16/04/2002 14:57 Fast Forward takes 5sec to respond on remote
CurlyKicker

Loc: Orange County, CA
I've noticed this in my car but couldn't replicate it until now. When in home with Emplode, select a track and play it. Then press fast forward on the remote. It takes 5 sec to start fast forwarding. If you try it again it responds imediately, like it should. If you page back to the beginning of the song it responds immediately too. It's only when the song has been newly brought up and hasn't been controlled with the remote that this happens. Like I said, this happens in the car too, but I don't know the circumstance when though.

#88345 - 16/04/2002 15:07 Re: Fast Forward takes 5sec to respond on remote [Re: CurlyKicker]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Others have reported this and I have experienced it as well.

I would like to add:

- If you choose to fast-forward, and this problem crops up and the FF doesn't work right away, you can't just "abort" the operation by releasing the button. If you do, it will switch to the next track as if it had been a shortpress. So if the bug happens, you're chained to the button untill the player decides to listen to you.

- It doesn't seem to matter if it's the remote or the front panel, I get the same results... it's intermittent.

- The time factor seems to vary. Sometimes it works right away, sometimes it takes 2 seconds, sometimes it takes 10 seconds.

I would like to ask anyone else having this problem... Do you notice it happening without Hijack installed? Or does it only happen when Hijack is installed? I want to rule out Hijack before putting it on the bug list. (Or, if it's already on the bug list, I would like to make sure that it's noted that Hijack has been ruled out.)

#88346 - 16/04/2002 15:11 Re: Fast Forward takes 5sec to respond on remote [Re: tfabris]
CurlyKicker

Loc: Orange County, CA
I forgot to mention that I'm using v2.0b11 no Hijack.

#88347 - 16/04/2002 15:16 Re: Fast Forward takes 5sec to respond on remote [Re: CurlyKicker]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Well, there we go, then. /me heads over to the internal bug list.

#88348 - 16/04/2002 18:19 Re: Fast Forward takes 5sec to respond on remote [Re: tfabris]
acurasquirrel_
enthusiast

I have the problem as well with Hijack not that it probably matters now. Oh yeah 2.0 b11