Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#92650 - 08/05/2002 15:48 Transient Info Bug?
foxtrot_xray
addict

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
This may have been brought up, but not sure. I did a search, and didn't find anything, so...

I notice that if I have two songs by the artist/title (or the same song in my playlist) and they pull up next to each other, the Transient info line will not re-appear between songs (i.e. when the song starts over.)

This happens on different songs, yet with the same name, too. (i.e. If I have one song by Real McCoy, titled "Run Away", but it's the radio version, and another that's the same name/artist, but the 'extended' version, then it won't show.)

Has this been brought up before yet?
Thanks!
Me.

#92651 - 08/05/2002 16:00 Re: Transient Info Bug? [Re: foxtrot_xray]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Interesting. No, this hasn't been brought up before.

I guess it's doing a string compare to decide whether or not it's the same thing. If so, I'll bet whoever coded it knew that this would happen, and they decided it was rare enough to let it slide.

Considering all the refresh problems they've had with the info screens in certain beta releases, they probably decided to leave the code alone in that area once they got the refresh bugs swatted (if it works don't fix it).

#92652 - 08/05/2002 16:36 Re: Transient Info Bug? [Re: tfabris]
foxtrot_xray
addict

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
In reply to:

Interesting. No, this hasn't been brought up before.

I guess it's doing a string compare to decide whether or not it's the same thing. If so, I'll bet whoever coded it knew that this would happen, and they decided it was rare enough to let it slide.

Figures I'd find it, too. And the way I name my files, I'll continue to see it. (In my music collection, I have many remixes and different versions of songs, and instead of putting the 'version' of the song in the ID tag "Title", I put it in my Comments field. (This is where my 'wish' for a customizeable Info:Line text came from)

Now, it happened once, a long time ago, but I ignored it, because I wasn't sure if I saw what I thought I saw. Now it happened, and I was able to recreate it. Not that much of a deal, really, Just saw it and thought I should say something.

Me.

#92653 - 09/05/2002 03:31 Re: Transient Info Bug? [Re: tfabris]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
I guess it's doing a string compare

Correct. Perhaps it shouldn't be.