Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#8370 - 25/05/2000 05:51 Title Search bug?
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
I'm not sure if this is by design or if it's a bug, so I'm going to report it.

Some of my playlists aren't showing up in the title search. Just the other day, I was listening to the empeg in random mode when a song I hadn't heard to in a while came up. I wanted to listen to the cd, so I started to search (by title) for that cd - the name of the cd/playlist never came up!

I then browsed for the cd, and it's sitting right there, just 2 levels down from the main tree...

Is this by design or bug? I thought playlists were supposed to show in the title search? Incidentaly, I'm running Beta 10(non-distraction proofed)
-mark
(cc'd to [email protected])

...proud to have one of the first Mark I units

#8371 - 25/05/2000 08:01 Re: Title Search bug? [Re: dionysus]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
If you do a "Search by Title", it's searching only in the song titles stored in the MP3 tags themselves. If you do a "Search by Album", it's searching only in the album titles stored in the MP3 tags. Same for artist, year and genre. It's not searching for playlists, it's searching for songs, and looking at the tag data to do it. So, if you want to use those features, you have to make sure all your tags are filled out ahead of time.

There might be one exception... I haven't used the Empeg this way, but it's a shot: You are allowed, in Emplode, to fill out tag data for the playlists the same way you fill out the tag data for a song. If you filled out that stuff, perhaps the playlist would appear in those search boxes, too. I don't know, I always left that stuff blank in the playlists.

The reason it doesn't search on the playlist names is because it wouldn't know how to classify them. Are the playlists named after the artists? The genre? The album titles? Are the playlists named something arbitrary that has nothing to do with any of those things?

#8372 - 25/05/2000 08:33 Re: Title Search bug? [Re: tfabris]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
The reason it doesn't search on the playlist names is because it wouldn't know how to classify them. Are the playlists named after the artists? The genre? The album titles? Are the playlists named something arbitrary that has nothing to do with any of those things?
I'm used to use the search by title to search for cd names, who's playlist title I'd filled out.. Came in very handy.. I noticed there's a search by source, but that only works if the mp3 source tag is filled out - is this by design or a bug?
-mark

...proud to have one of the first Mark I units