Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#51880 - 26/12/2001 18:46 Antenna Booster & AM Mode
jdandrea

Loc: New Jersey
Good hello. Decided to post this cross-link to a perceived issue WRT 2.00-beta7 and kicking in the Power Antenna lead for AM radio only. The aforementioned link provides info for starters.

If there's something I can do on my end to determine, via software, if all is well or not, please advise! Happy to help.

Meanwhile, some stats on the Auto Antenna Booster Amplifier:

Booster body: 18mm; Antenna cable length: 300mm; Power length: 500mm; Freq. Response typical for FM/AM/SW/LW frequency ranges; Voltage: DC12V; Power Consumption: Less than 10mA; Electrostatic Capacitance: 80pf.

A postscript to my original post on this subject: "Nice 'n strong" is still weaker than what my factory unit was able to pull in, but regardless it's still stronger than it was before 2.00-beta7. So you could argue it's a tuner positioning issue at this point, or that the antenna booster is just lousy.

#51881 - 04/01/2002 13:23 Re: Antenna Booster & AM Mode [Re: jdandrea]
jdandrea

Loc: New Jersey
An update - I have discovered (discovered? yeah, go figure) that the Honda antenna connector does NOT plug in "all the way" to the antenna amplifier adapter.

And so ... now I'm wondering could THIS be the reason I'm not getting the best reception?

What's unclear at this point is whether it isn't plugged in all the way because the Honda plug's tip is too long or because the adapter that it plugs into is too narrow inside, causing the tip not to make contact (or does it not matter - I'd think it does in that case).

Hmm. Why would Honda (or this adapter mfgr.) make non-standard plugs/receptacles? Question-beggers-R-us.