Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#63565 - 26/01/2002 19:06 Emplode / Empeg Freeze during synch
cob666
new poster

Have two MKII players (one empeg and one rio), both running 2.0b7. Both players have about 20GB of music on them. After doing a massive MP3 tag update on my machine I decided to re-upload some music to my current player (the rio - 30GB). I started with Elvis Presley, deleted all the Elvis tracks from the Rio, resynched and everything was OK. Then I dragged all the new Elvis songs to Emplode and hit the synch button. After about 5 minutes of copying music, my machine froze, no mouse movement, even CTRL-ALT-DEL wasn't responding, had to do a hard reboot. This happened MANY times with BOTH players and DIFFERENT music. I've also tried synching using serial, USB and ethernet.

<Cut to chase>
RE-installed 1.03, copied files and then re-installed 2.0b7 because I really like the new features.

Is there a known emplode freeze problem?

-Chris

#63566 - 27/01/2002 04:52 Re: Emplode / Empeg Freeze during synch [Re: cob666]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yes. With the beta software, emplode/player have been known to lock up sometimes during and after synchs. They said "beta", and they meant it.

1.03 is not beta and should be rock-stable. Downgrade to both 1.03 emplode and 1.03 player and use those while you are doing your first batch of organizing and installing the music. Corresponding FAQ entry here.

Congratulations on your new toy, by the way. Give the FAQ a good skim and you should be good to go.