Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#85240 - 03/04/2002 15:03 Empeg Causes Relationship Problems
jloew
journeyman

Loc: SF Bay Area
After owning the Mark IIa since received as a xmas gift, I've noticed that I don't get the same excited response I used to from my girlfriend when I show her the latest version of Hijack!

Has anyone else noticed this gradual decline in relationship quality???

For example, the pole dancer slapping ass definitely did NOT get the "wow! that's SOOOO cool!" response I expected. In fact, the only slapping that seemed to make her laugh had nothing to do with the empeg :-/

The left/right fade feature didn't seem to impress that much either. (I thought it was *very* cool that this one track with a lot of echo started reverberating when I set way left or right!)

Mostly, I'm concerned that she doesn't even LOOK when I say "look at what FunnelWeb does on this Pink song!"

Any suggestions on how I might remedy this problem?

Mark? I think I need some new, REALLY impressive features to save my relationship!

-Joe

#85241 - 03/04/2002 15:41 Re: Empeg Causes Relationship Problems [Re: jloew]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
A new domestic partner is clearly indicated, preferably one that's a confirmed gadget freak. Unfortunately, the pickings are slim among females of the species, there are far fewer gadget freak females than there are gadget freak males. If gadget appreciation is a relationship requirement, you might want to think about pursuing long term relationships with males instead.

#85242 - 03/04/2002 15:48 Re: Empeg Causes Relationship Problems [Re: tfabris]
jloew
journeyman

A new domestic partner is clearly indicated, preferably one that's a confirmed gadget freak.

I was afraid that might be the solution. Perhaps Girlfriend 2.0?

think about pursuing long term relationships with males instead

Thank you for the open-minded solution, I truly appreciate your no-holds-barred approach. Unfortunately, there is a fundamental compatability problem with me and a product like that. Besides, there's just no way that could compete with the girlfriend features! (the feature set of girlfriend 2.0 is supposed to be really great - complete with translucent button kit!)

#85243 - 03/04/2002 16:18 Re: Empeg Causes Relationship Problems [Re: jloew]
Laura
pooh-bah

Loc: Greenhills, Ohio
Shouldn't be so hard to decide which one is more important.
The empeg or the girlfriend.
Time to dump her for sure.

MKI #017/90

whatever

#85244 - 03/04/2002 17:39 Re: Empeg Causes Relationship Problems [Re: tfabris]
genixia
Carpal Tunnel

A new domestic partner is clearly indicated, preferably one that's a confirmed gadget freak

Be warned that there are problems asscociated with the 'Geek' module in Girlfriend 2.0. The problems don't manifest themselves in Girlfriend 2.0 itself, but in the surrounding environment.

Problems reported by users include;
"Tivo reports frequent scheduling clashes."
"Win32 desktop becoming cluttered for no apparant reason." (Confirmed on all Win32 variants)
"'QuickSave' function in RTCW games loses position." (Also reported in various other games)
"Function Use_Computer() failing - returns ERROR_BUSY"
"My Empeg's disk capacity is disappearing."
"Random music appearing on my Empeg"
"My Empeg keeps disappearing."

#85245 - 03/04/2002 19:02 Re: Empeg Causes Relationship Problems [Re: genixia]
Laura
pooh-bah

Loc: Greenhills, Ohio
In reply to:

Be warned that there are problems asscociated with the 'Geek' module in Girlfriend 2.0. The problems don't manifest themselves in Girlfriend 2.0 itself, but in the surrounding environment.

But if she were a true Girlfriend 2.0 model wouldn't she come with her own computer and empeg at least?

MKI #017/90

whatever

#85246 - 03/04/2002 23:34 Re: Empeg Causes Relationship Problems [Re: jloew]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
In reply to:

I was afraid that might be the solution. Perhaps Girlfriend 2.0?

Nah, 2.0 is in beta and you can't get the "advance" version unless you're an "alpha" male.

#85247 - 04/04/2002 05:25 Re: Empeg Causes Relationship Problems [Re: jloew]
JeffS
carpal tunnel

Loc: Atlanta, GA
"Perhaps Girlfriend 2.0"

Is there an upgrade available for Wife 1.0? I love the current feature set, but I'm really excited to see the geek part in action. I did install a demo where Wife 1.0 obsessivly plays Diablo II, but she still doesn't "get it" when it comes to my Empeg.

-Jeff

#85248 - 04/04/2002 05:56 Re: Empeg Causes Relationship Problems [Re: jloew]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Allow Dr. Brad to help.... first of all, you need to realize that you and Girlfriend 1.0 are not working off of the same operating system. If you are into connecting into platforms running the same OS, then there is nothing wrong with that, but from your post, I am guessing that is not your situation. Now, there are certain bi or "dual OS" platforms out there, and while they open up a world of possibilties (and can be quite fun) they are not very stable or secure. So, I recommend keeping your GF 1.0 and simply implement a few tools to help you co-exist.

Luckily, you and GF 1.0 are very compatible. You simply use differant sytax. For instance, do not refer to Mark Lord's hack as "HiJack." Instead, use any of the following GF 1.0 compatible terms (builds): "Ravish v253", "Seduce v253" or "SweepMeOffMyFeet v253".

Another tip would be to use the attached .raw file in place of your "logo.raw" in your visuals folder. Fire up TuxTooMuch and some of GF 1.0's favorite music and you will be all set. The finishing touch would be to create an image pan with an image of GF 1.0. Then, your migration will be complete.

Attachments
83675-logo.raw (194 downloads)

#85249 - 04/04/2002 05:57 Re: Empeg Causes Relationship Problems [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
A .gif preview of the previously attached .raw

Attachments
83676-heart.gif (169 downloads)

#85250 - 04/04/2002 13:19 Re: Empeg Causes Relationship Problems [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Loc: Austin
Known bug.

FITNR

#85251 - 04/04/2002 14:49 Re: Empeg Causes Relationship Problems [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
jloew
journeyman

LOFL!!!

I knew you guys were good for advice, but, as usual, this product forum exceeds my expectations!

You are obviously a seasoned programmer - the choice to go "make the existing version work" versus "the new version will save us" is clearly the result of many years experience and the school of hard knocks.

Think of the emotional capital I will save!

I'll let you know how the system integration / migration goes. Hopefully better than the system integrations I usually do!

-Joe

#85252 - 04/04/2002 23:45 Re: Empeg Causes Relationship Problems [Re: genixia]
Daria
carpal tunnel

Loc: Providence, RI
> "My Empeg's disk capacity is disappearing."
> "Random music appearing on my Empeg"
> "My Empeg keeps disappearing."

I didn't expect putting an Empeg in a minivan and then getting a car would result in my wife wanting the minivan rather than the car. Of course, she thought the TiVo was a waste of money when I got that, too.

> "Win32 desktop becoming cluttered for no apparant reason." (Confirmed on all Win32 variants)

Somehow I'm having trouble rectifying "geek" and "win32" ;-)