Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#94239 - 16/05/2002 13:07 Kinda an update to the 'button delay'...
foxtrot_xray
addict

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
After getting my player fixed, the button delay now only happens 10% of the time, and 100% of that time is when the HD icon is on in the upper corner.
Other things that happen are:
No responce from remote
Hijack gets confused

And this happened last night to me. While connected up thru a serial connection, watching the player, ALL output froze, and no input would be accepted while the HD icon was on. Once the HD icon went off, I got a backlog of all the data that SHOULD have been written, but wasn't.

This may be already known, but I didn't see anything, and workign in support myself, I know sometimes that the more information, the better.

Me.

#94240 - 06/06/2002 10:40 Re: Kinda an update to the 'button delay'... [Re: foxtrot_xray]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Those symptoms exactly match what would be expected in the event of badsector errors on the hard drives.

If you could monitor the serial port as this happens, you would see error messages from my IDE driver.

Some drives go crazy when they get hot (mostly Fujitsu drives, rarely the IBMs).

-ml