Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#22500 - 14/11/2000 17:18 Problem after v1.01 upgrade
esb
new poster

Loc: Campbell, CA
I have a new MkII player that shipped with v1.00 software. Last night, I upgraded emplode to 1.01 and then used that to update the player to 1.01. All was working fine.

Today I used the new emplode to add more songs and while I was away, the player apparently rebooted in the middle of the transfer and emplode was hung at the last song it was attempting to transfer. The problem is that the during the player boot process in the database rebuild phase, it reboots itself. The player never finishes booting and keeps rebooting itself.

I then reloaded the v1.01 system in the hope that the reload process would clear the problem up. Unfortunately it didn't. The reload completed, but the problem persisted.

I decided to attempt to go back to v1.00. That update worked and it was able to successfully rebuild the database files and complete the boot process. At this point the v1.01 emplode was unable to talk to the player so I reverted back to v1.00. Everything is now working, but I'd really like to go to v1.01 to at least get the drag-n-drop fixes in emplode. Unfortunately I'm a little leary about that given the previous problem.

Has anybody seen this before?

- Eric

#22501 - 14/11/2000 17:24 Re: Problem after v1.01 upgrade [Re: esb]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Did you, by any chance, download the Mark1 version of the car player software and install that to your Mark2?

Although others have done this and not reported any database rebuild problems (they reported other problems), there's a first time for everything.

#22502 - 14/11/2000 17:40 Re: Problem after v1.01 upgrade [Re: tfabris]
esb
new poster

Loc: Campbell, CA
Did you, by any chance, download the Mark1 version of the car player software and install that to your Mark2?

It's possible but I don't think so. I also would have had to do it twice because the machine that I reinstalled v1.01 on was a different machine and I had to re-download the udpate.

I'll probably download the software again and re-attempt the upgrade tonight and see how it goes.

Thanks...

- Eric

#22503 - 14/11/2000 18:10 Re: Problem after v1.01 upgrade [Re: esb]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
The problem is that the during the player boot process in the database rebuild phase, it reboots itself. The player never finishes booting and keeps rebooting itself.

This is a known bug that seems to strike only a small minority of users (possibly fewer than a dozen of us). If you contact [email protected] and explain what is happening, they can show you where to download the fix for this problem.

Don't panic -- this is an easy fix.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"