i have a 2001 honda accord and a problem to go with it. the car originally came with a double DIN sized head unit (HU) and has since been banished from my dashboard. i installed an alpine HU last year and now i'd like to install a second HU (it's a pull-out; old school style with a new twist) since i have the space available. to install the alpine i drilled new holes in the factory brackets on each side so the alpine would sit in the center of the double DIN opening. now that i want to install a second head unit, i'm lost. those factory brackets aren't large enough for me to screw two HU's in them since they were meant to screw into the factory HU in the middle, then secured to the chassis. the metra and scosche kits are no use to me because they both leave me with a DIN slot in the upper opening but only 3/4 DIN sized opening on the bottom. i'm pretty handy with tools but i don't know where to begin. if i modify those kits they'll most likely become weak. have you seen anyone with a 6th gen accord with 2 separate DIN-sized HU's installed? any ideas? i saw the fellow on riocar.org with the same car but he had the OEM DIN slot and pocket below...maybe the metal brakets on those DIN-sized factory stereos be be better for me to use?