Dave (of RioPlay) got the Xiph Ogg encoder working for rioplay. I've added my porting changes for it to run on the empeg and built a new binary.

http://www.swampzombie.com/empegreceiver.tgz

give it a try and see what you think. The keys have been modified since last time to more closely match the behavior of our current software.

Menu on the remote now opens a menu as well as selects a menu item ... if you hit cancel, it backs out of the menu system. Volume up and down on the remote scroll through the menu. Shuffle now randomizes the playlist. Holding down the source button (or 'power' on the player) for varying lengths will either power down the player or halt the application. This needs more work.

The display has regressed temporarily while we figure out a better way to merge the receiver and empeg code into a happy family. Some menu items may be off screen. The track info screen is less than optimal as a couple of items are hidden behind the clock and other items. This will get better.

You should probably have JReceiver running in order to see flac and ogg files ... I don't think the currently available windows RioReceiver server software supports transmitting codec information for these files yet.

Greg