I haven't checked the latest release, but in plagerising (sp?) some of your code in hte first release, I've noticed the following in empeg_ui.c:

1) You only bind IR_TOP_BUTTON_PRESSED, and not IR_TOP_BUTTON_RELEASED. This has caused me a mild headache. I've been writing an app and want to remain consiste
nt with Hijack's button code, where the top button is usually used for escape. It appears as though the first button returned is always IR_TOP_BUTTON_PRESSED, so setting up the application to exit on this causes the app to exit immediately on invocation.

2) It appears as though the last button in your list (IR_KNOB_LEFT) isn't bound either - I can't understand why because your code looks good. I think that hijack is subracting one from the number of buttons that you tell it to register. So in this case, telling it to register 9 buttons works, even though only 8 are listed.

So I've modified my local copy of empeg_ui.c to reflect these 2 changes:

const unsigned long buttons[] = { 10, /* front panel buttons (8) */ IR_TOP_BUTTON_PRESSED, IR_TOP_BUTTON_RELEASED, IR_RIGHT_BUTTON_PRESSED, IR_LEFT_BUTTON_PRESSED, IR_BOTTOM_BUTTON_PRESSED, IR_BOTTOM_BUTTON_RELEASED, IR_KNOB_PRESSED, IR_KNOB_RIGHT, IR_KNOB_LEFT };

So you'd be quite at liberty to wonder why I'm posting this, since I'm using it in an app completely unrelated to it's original purpose. The reason is that it's a bloody good bit of code, which IMO could form the basis for an empeg Application Template. Being able to test on an x86 architecture is a wonderful thing. Thanks. BTW, thanks also for the great Makefile. I've just learnt a lot about Makefiles and using them to dual-compile!