Short explanation:

I don't know anything about your bug, but i'm pretty sure the thing about hijack removing a menu entry is nothing to worry about. It is hijack functioning "normally".

Long explaination:

ISTR that the text's main purpose was actually as debug code for something Mark implemented so that a program could change the menu entries during the course of the program. This was implemented in vertions 268-271 of hijack. Before then, any call to WAITMENU would insert the entry into the menu for the entire life of the program, such that if one program wanted to insert a new menu title after inserting an old one, a phantom entry remained. Now the menus only exist for the life of the WAITMENU call, a much better solution.

In other words ignore that. For those not familiar with the programming aspect, it just means the entry has been selected and it's the programs turn to do stuff. (That is, until another WAITMENU call.) I'm sure mark could explain the technical aspects much more clearly.

John

P.S. I recall there was still one minor bug with the dynamic menus in hijack feature, but i forgot what it was. I was writing a program that needed to dynamically change the menus but then I got a full time job and forgot what it was.