It's on an MSI RAID board, and I've got the board believing each of the two drives hooked to it over all are "single drive RAID" setups. So, no - there's no other devices on the channels.

Overall, the time to transfer large files from one drive to another (after say an afternoon of encoding MP3's) is really pretty quick. I'm guessing if I ran some Benchmarks that the drive would likely be very fast.

I think the idea that 2K is a slow booter is more like it. Thinking about it, my XP boot (dual boot off same drive {different partitions - 2K on C and XP on D}) is much faster. Since the 2K drive has about 40 gigs of "stuff" on it (mostly games though) it likely will take longer as well. Now that I think about it, I've got all PCI slots taken as well via various cards i.e. a DVD decoder, etc. can't be helping either.

I guess my initial reaction on it being slow might mean that instead of 60 seconds it only takes 50 now or something like that.I may benchmark it if I remember a little later tonight (via Sisoft Sandra).

I'd try the RAID the way it was meant to be, but don't want to go through the work. Formerly I had a pair of IBM drives running 98, and about once a month or so it'd get to the point where it almost wouldn't boot any more. I'd run the repairs and reload, and it would last about another month and die again. I finally gave up on the RAID idea and just used the channels to have extra drives. Since then I've changed boards and drive brands (to the WD SE's) but been too afriad of going through the same problems again. And at this point, I have no desire to reload my 40 gigs or so of games and everything else.