Yeah, that's about right, Tony. I'll try to clarify it for anyone else who's having difficulty.

The playlist is sorted into a particular order on the player. You can adjust this order in emplode by dragging the tracks around. This only affects the play order (with shuffle off). The menus still display the contents sorted alphabetically.

You can view the playlist in emplode in a different order, by clicking on the column headings (emplode now does both ascending and descending, btw).

We added the ability to use emplode to change the order of the tracks on the player. This is independent of the view order. We did consider having a simple "Set playlist order to current view order" command, but couldn't decide where to hang it. So we went for the dialog box that's there now - the default choice is based on the current view order, to optimise the most common path.

Now, since the playlist order can be changed separately from the view order, I added a checkbox to the dialog so that you can change both at the same time. And no, I'm not sure how to make it clearer. If anyone thinks of anything, let me know.

Roger - not necessarily speaking for empeg