Well, I wasn't really saying that, haha. In fact, stations tend to be coolest when they first first start. 103.5 WKTU out of NYC was great for pop dance music when it first changed format back in the summer of 2001. They didn't have many (if any) DJ's and simply only played dance music all the time.

Another great story is that of Party 93.1 in South Florida. I was visiting the Keys when that station first started. They had NO DJ's and, thus, very little expense. Thus, they had only like 1 commercial per hour (aside from some lame 7 second blurbs about how cool they were). The rest of my 3 days there were filled with non-stop pop dance music that was so current, it didn't make it on to any other station I heard for up to three months. I strongly recommend checking out party931.com to listen to their crappy stream of their blazing beats.

So, if you're gonna start up a radio station, don't hire any DJ's do you can keep costs low and not need commercials. Hell, just hook your empeg up to a 1,000 Watt tower and you're good to go!