In reply to:

Every time someone new gets in the car, they start making a playlist and halfway through it they erase it by accidentally not doing a long press, no matter how much I warn them about it.

Add my voice to this (I think I've asked for this feature myself in the past, anyway). Even my most frequent passengers (and, occasionally, myself - though I tend to leave the player on "random albums" most of the time) do this when they're thinking more about the music than the mechanics of operating the player - a good UI[*] shouldn't be a distraction from the task in hand.

I disagree with (Tony's?) assertion that "most people" use their players in an all-tracks-shuffled mode. I've no idea whether that's correct or not, but there are plenty of other useful ways to operate, and I'd certainly not inflict such an uncoordinated mix on any of my passengers even if I listened like that on my own.

An "undo" feature would also be incredibly useful. Even a single level that's lost on a reboot would allow for recovery from this sort of accident. At the moment, the running-order needs to be re-created from scratch.

[*] and in almost all respects the Empeg UI is excellent, without a doubt