I am trying to integrate my Mac OS X Jaguar system into a Windows 2000 Active Directory network, and not having too much luck. I dug through some of the suggestions at Apple Slashdot, but nothing seems to help on the authentication front. I can look up info using Address Book from the Active Directory, but nothing I type in on the login screen works, it simply pauses for a bit, then informs me the username or password is wrong. Any suggestions from someone here who has gotten it working? Changing the schema server side is not a possibility.

The other issue that I have now is that on boot, it hangs for a long time at "Waiting for network file system". Login is also painfully slow. And by slow, I am seeing bootup times measured in hours. I'm trying to get into the system to try and undo the AD integration attempts, and hope that the boot problem is resolved.

edit: For the record, pulling the CAT 5 gets it to boot up normally, but it still hangs at login. I'm still waiting on it to authenticate me after 30 mins.

Edited by Drakino (11/11/2002 10:05)