Ah, you melt my heart with words like that! Mentioning two of my (six) dream cars in a race? Were the E320 and Volvo both wagons?

Ahh, sorry man, they were both sedans. My friend's moms Benz was just a sedan - automatic transmission (ick). But it still got up and moved! One day he had it out on the road while his parents were gone, and he turned off all of the computer aided crap (traction control, etc..) and almost swung the back end off the road. It has the "manual shifter" and it will let you rev into the red and it won't shift like automatic transmissions usually do if you put it in a lower gear.

As for the Volvo, I don't remember what it was but it looked like a v70, but it wasn't a wagon. Those volvos are built like tanks and they will go forever as long as you take care of them. I still see a lot of old Volvos (from the "Safety Box" era) out on the road.

Its too easy to speed though, when I take my audi out on the interstate and go to pass people, I'll look down and see that I'm going 110, and it feels like I'm just cruising along at 70 or 80. I was doing about 85 in a 40 a few months ago... so I guess I'm lucky the cop clocked me at only 68. I didn't even know the cop was behind me. I slowed down behind a van, and then a few moments later the cop caught up. Damn van - I didn't even know I was being chased, I was about to turn off onto another road just a few hundred yards later.

Not that I condone running away from cops... but someone I knew several years ago got a brand new 97 firebird WS6, and routinely ran from the cops, and they could never catch up.