Ever tried the City Market in Luling?

Not yet, it's about 60 miles from me, Austin/Cedar Park area. I was passing thru Luling a couple years ago, but I think I recall that they had a fire and were closed for a bit. I've heard it's right up there with the Big 3 according to Texas Monthly. (I was going to link it, but now they require registration, damn these sites! kvue.com and now texasmonthly.com!) If you want to check out the article, it rates many places all over Texas, search for BBQ at texasmonthly.com

Anyways the Big 3 according to Texas Monthly are Cooper's in Llano, Louie Mueller's in Taylor and in what's that place in Lockhart where the sister told the brother to get out of the building they were in for decades? Basically they're all excellent Q... Each has their specialty IMO, Mueller's is the jalapeno sausage, that Lockhart place (Damn what's the name!!!?) has good brisket, Cooper's the huge pork chops, smoked sirloin and pork ribs are OUTSTANDING! best part about Cooper's is the ride down to Luchenbach on the way back to Austin... Gawd I love bbq!