I was going to suggest the IBM T221 but someone beat me to it. I've got one here at work. $8K is peanuts for this display. It was $25-30K last January when I set one up at Macworld. Which brings me to... I'll be at Macworld again in a few weeks. Moscone center in San Francisco. Jan 7-10. I'll have one of the IBM T221 monitors set up with one of our cards, probably running Maya and showing off Photoshop stills. I'll have my Nikon 5700 with me, so if you pass by you can see how your 5 megapixel mugg looks on a 9 megapixel display.

I'll also have at least 2 Apple 23" Cinema HDs and a few Formac 20" LCDs. The 23" will both be connected to a single card running in an extended desktop config. BTW, you haven't seen anything until you've seen a 23" LCD running in portrait. With another identical LCD running in portrait next to it! Sweet.

Oh, the caveat with the IBM T221 is that with a single DVI interface it runs only at 11Hz (reported as 15Hz). With 2 you can drive it at 20-25Hz. 60Hz with four DVI connections. The LCD is from IDTech and is also found in Iyama and Totoku products.

Bruno