Yeah, but that alert is completely without any basis as far as I'm concerned.

1) The seller is in Israel. Big deal - foreign transactions occur on ebay all the time. I've bought from Australia, UK and New Zealand all without fuss. Whether I'd be willing to buy something as expensive as an empeg from an overseas stranger on ebay is obviously a valid question in itself, because if the seller *was* a scammer then I'd have no comeback. But the fact that they are abroad doesn't automatically make them a scammer.

2) He has zero feedback and shades. So he is a new seller. Granted, ebay scammers have been known to create frequently create new accounts and sell multiple items very quickly to avoid negative feedback, but *everyone* has shades and zero feedback at the start of their ebay trading experiences, so that isn't any proof that he is a scammer either. In fact, scammers have also been known to pre-create ebay IDs and not use them until the shades have gone, and have even been known to build up a good reputation with small ticket items before scamming mutiple buyers with a bunch of large ticket items. So the shades and zero feedback don't prove anything there either. Again, whether I'd be willing to buy an empeg from a zero feedback shaded stranger on ebay is a good question in itself.

Before anyone get's the wrong end of the stick - I'm not sanctioning this seller as being legit. I don't know him from Jack, but I haven't seen anything that implies he's a scammer either.