{{{{{{{Genixia said: Oh, how rude of me... Welcome to the BBS...once you get an empeg, be sure to search the Installation forums. If the 2000 NB is the same as the 2000 Golf (in stereo respects, obviously. ), you should find some useful information. }}}}}}}

Thanks!
....and YUP! The 2000 NB does have the same exact characteristics of the 2000 Golf (in terms of MANY things!)

I know that I 'll have to defeat the "K-wire" on the stock harness of my stock stereo, not to big a deal for me to do. My car is pretty hacked up at the moment, so no worries, I'm not afraid of installing the Empeg really. Right now, my car interior is GUTTED because I'm getting a chromoly cage fitted and I'm custom dying every interior panel black. I have Sparco Torino race seats, custom polished aluminum seat brackets, Sparco Line pedals, Sparco 4 point harnesses, Sparco Lap3 steering wheel, Sparco R-speed shift knob, TONS of go-fast stuff (K04 turbo upgrade/adrenalin motorsports-TNT wet nitrous kit spraying a 50 shot, GIAC chip, etc..etc..etc..)... my buddy owns a VW performance shop and I've been into modifying Volkswagens for about 9 years now... my dad used to modify old air cooled bugs too! heh! I guess my point is.... install should be fun for me!!!! heh!

By the way, once I get my Empeg (which should be in the next month or so since I have a few leads now), I'll take pictures of my progress and post them! I'm doing a full custom A/V install with 7 inch LCD monitor hooked up to a laptop for my VAG-Com engine management and I'll also hook this into the whole A/V system, but instead of doing the typical Playstation/X-Box install for shows, I'm goin old school.... I'm installing an Atari 2600 in a recessed area with my amps complete with recessed slots for game cartridges.
I'll be sure to post pics.