OK. So I said the idea of using VNC was out of what I was willing to try. But this appears to be my only option so I've looked a little bit at what it would take. Perhaps you can clear some things.

Is there a way for the VNC server to start automatically every time the player is started? That would be essential in the car environment.

Tiny computer. I am quite proficient with hacking/programming, but limited to DOS, Win32 type stuff. Never done anything with Unix/Linux. What is involved in getting one of those tiny computers to turn itself on/off together with the Empeg, and then automatically set itself to do the only job it needs, to show the Empeg screen via a composite output?

How about the connection between the Empeg and the tiny computer? Does it need to be ethernet for VNC? I've found that kind of hard to set up.

Sorry for all these questions that might sound trivial if you are hacking away constantly. I've been removed from programing and hacking for a few years. But I am still obsesed with having my Empeg in my car despite no dash space.

Thanks!