In reply to:

I noticed that you connected it to the Sony via the back side. Neat solution. On my honda, I didn't have a second radio down there to connect it to, so I drilled holes in the sides of the docking cage and put low-clearance screws through it to secure it to the OEM frame.

I tried that w/ my original empeg installation, but couldn't find a drill tip good enough to go through the cage and not make it all bent up(that cage was HARD) - so I compromised w/ the bolt on the back.. (I DID manage to drill a hole on the back of the mk1 cage; took me forever though...) - it worked well enough that I just carried it over to the mk2...

In reply to:

Question: That '99 dash looks identical to my '00 dash, but I could swear that in my dash there's not enough room for two stereos. I have the Empeg on top and a 3/4-size storage pocket below it, and I don't see how I could fit two units in there. Am I nuts?

I originally had 1 head unit and the storage pocket; took out the storage pocket, used the two side rails that it was attached to, and it fit 2 head units... it's possible that the new ones are 1.5din, but measure it again.. I had just enough room on my honda..
-mark

...proud to have owned one of the first Mark I units