Speaking of EX vs. LX, I just had to say that my model was actually an "SE" for "Special Edition". It's sort of in-between the EX and the next-lower model (don't remember whether the LX is the middle one or the DX is the middle one?).

It's meant to be a middle ground for folks who want ABS and a little bit of fancy stuff, but who don't want/need the over-the-top EX. Mine doesn't have a sunroof, but it does have ABS. It isn't covered in faux-wood trim like the EX, but it's still got a few wood bits. It's got the alloy wheels and the keyless security system, too.

But most importantly, one of the reasons I chose that model was because the stereo was just the cheap single-din tape player. I could see that it would be easy to fit the Empeg into that spot without an adapter kit. That, and it was that really neat shade of dark metallic green.

My only regret about choosing the SE model is that the two upper-dash speaker locations aren't usable without some cutting and manual wiring. You have to get the EX for that. So I'm stuck with a front soundstage centered somewhere around my kneecaps.

I'm considering a center-channel speaker in the location of the sunglasses holder (front ceiling near the rear-view mirror). I wonder if that would work. Since I can't keep my sunglasses in there (subwoofer makes 'em rattle), it's dead space that's not being used. Doug, any opinions on that?