Greetings!

Well, even though I have been bringing in the player every night and every day, I started getting the imfamous "Disk not found, contact support" message. Now, I hosed my disk cable long ago (an incident involving hot glue when the folks @ empeg just started using hot glue on the drives), so I thought my cable was just on the fritz again. (I had repaired it with more hot glue.)

So, I swapped it for a spare drive cable I had for just this emergency. Nothing. Tested the jumper, single drives, different drives. Nothing. Then I moved on to the header, as the FAQ says.

I hope to get a digital photo or two of it in the morning. While I am not 100% certain it is a dry solder joint, I am about 99.44% certain that it is. The connector pins look "different" from the last time I messed with it. I will try to get a good shot so that a) I can get a consensus verdict on this before bothering Rob and b) hopefully add a good troubleshooting photo to the FAQ.

More to follow.

Unfortunately, my boxed spare is on loan to someone as a demo. And people wondered why I had a spare (or two )...